• All submissions should be made through the online manuscript submission system of Elsevier for Geoscience Frontiers by logging in as an author: at https://www.editorialmanager.com/GSF/default.aspx. Submissions by e-mail attachment to the editorial office are not entertained.
• The article type should be selected from the pull down menu
• The title, abstract and key words should be copied and pasted in the appropriate columns
• The author list and contact details should be entered
• A list of at least four potential reviewers with names and e-mails should be submitted
• The following electronic files should be uploaded:
(1) Cover letter, in Word file;
(2) Research Highlights in Word file. Research Highlights are mandatory for this journal. They must comprise three short sentences, approximately 85 characters each sentence, and each sentence beginning with a bullet mark;
(3) Graphical Abstract as a figure file in .tif, .eps or .jpg file. A Graphical Abstract is mandatory for this journal. It should be a fully colored and elegantly presented figure that would capture the attention of the reader. The Graphical Abstract can be a copy of a figure from the manuscript, or a mosaic of few panels arranged horizontally across in ‘landscape format’ with the horizontal axis of the figure about 3 times in length as compared to the vertical axis. There should be no figure caption, and the labeling inside the figures should be minimal and in large fonts. See https://www.elsevier.com/graphicalabstracts for examples;
(4) Manuscript text file in Word with title, author names, abstract, key words, text, references, figure and table captions;
(5) Figure files: each figure file must be numbered and uploaded separately. Figure files must be in .tif, .eps or .jpg format;
(6) Table files: each table file should be numbered and uploaded separately. Table files should be in Excel format;
(7) Appendix and lengthy data tables should be uploaded choosing file type as 'e-component' in the EES. These should be mentioned as Supplementary Data in the text. The captions of the Supplementary Tables should be listed under a separate section in the manuscript text, titled as "Supplementary Items".
• Once all the files are uploaded, build the pdf file through the EES, view the merged pdf file and approve it. Your manuscript will then be submitted to the Journal Office, and will be assigned to an Editor for review processing.
• All correspondence relating to manuscript submission and other queries should be addressed to the Editorial Office of GEOSCIENCE FRONTIERS at: email@example.com